Hormones: Testosterone in Men
Testosterone is the male sex hormone. It is part of what makes a man a man. As we age out testosterone levels fall and we become more and more symptomatic. The result is fatigue, low sex drive, muscle loss, and many other symptoms.
The Facts about Testosterone in Men
- Testosterone is an anabolic steroid. While “steroid” is a word that engenders negative connotations in popular culture, men actually produce this anabolic steroid naturally.
- If done correctly, testosterone replacement therapy is safe and healthy.
- Testosterone replacement therapy does not increase your risk of prostate cancer.
- Testosterone replacement therapy can reduce your risk heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and stroke
- Testosterone replacement therapy can improve body composition, increase lean muscle mass, decrease visceral fat, improve muscle mass, strength, and endurance. It can also decrease depression and improve overall sense of well being.
- Replacing testosterone should be done in conjunction with balancing other hormones.
- Testosterone is the feel-good hormone for men. With testosterone replacement therapy, many men see improvement in their symptoms in just a few weeks.
Men's Hormone Treatment
You deserve to know why it feels like you’ve lost your edge. Book a FREE consult to discuss your symptoms and possible treatments that are tailored to you.