Understanding Testosterone in Women
The Importance of Testosterone for Women
Most women think of testosterone as being a strictly male hormone. But women need testosterone, too. They just need much less. This small amount of testosterone does the same thing for women that it does for men. Remember how you felt when you were 20 or 30?
Testosterone makes your sex drive strong and keeps your moods stable. It helps you build muscle and control fat. It even makes your mind sharper, and your energy level higher.
The Facts about Testosterone in Women
- Testosterone is one of the first hormones to decline as women enter perimenopause.
- Low sex drive is one of the most common complaints we hear from women with low testosterone. Testosterone provides the fuel for your sex drive.
- Women with insufficient testosterone will have a difficult time building and maintaining lean muscle mass.
Testosterone does wonderful things for a woman’s body. In addition to improving sex drive and the ability to build muscle, testosterone can:
- Improve mental acuity.
- Increase energy.
- Improve mood (by lifting depression).
- Improve the ability to burn fat.
- Strengthen bones.
As with all other hormone replacement therapies, testosterone replacement should be individualized to you.
Take the Next Steps Toward Balance
Women's Hormone Treatment
You deserve to know why you feel like your body has changed. Book a FREE consult to discuss your symptoms and possible treatments that are tailored to you.