Dehydroepiandrosterone [DHEA] in Men
DHEA is produced by your adrenal glands and is the most plentiful sex hormone in the body. Without it, your body can’t make other important hormones. It has the added benefit of keeping your hormones balanced and functioning well.
The Facts about DHEA
- You can find DHEA in every cell of the body.
- DHEA declines with age, or with the onset of adrenal fatigue.
- DHEA supports the immune system and protects against cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis, depression, and heart disease.
- DHEA fortifies the body against the destructive effect of stress and excess cortisol production.
- The fact that DHEA is available over the counter is good for the simplicity of access but bad for ensuring proper dosage and quality. We will help you find the right dose of high-quality supplements.
Aging and Stress = Diminished DHEA
As people age, their adrenal glands slow down and produce less DHEA. Stress can also decrease DHEA production in the body by exhausting the adrenal glands and causing adrenal fatigue. Some people have compromised adrenal function as a consequence of both age and stress.
Because DHEA plays such a pivotal role in the proper function and balance of your endocrine system overall, balancing other hormones can be a challenge in the absence of sufficient DHEA.
DHEA and Longevity
Many studies point to DHEA’s importance in supporting good general health. Some have shown low DHEA levels to be present at the onset of disease, leading researchers to conclude that DHEA may be critical to a properly functioning immune system. DHEA has also been found to inhibit carcinogenesis. Some studies have even concluded that low levels of DHEA are associated with a shorter lifespan. Conversely, optimized levels of DHEA are a “strong predictor” of longevity and a lower incidence of disease.
Men's Hormone Treatment
You deserve to know why it feels like you’ve lost your edge. Book a FREE consult to discuss your symptoms and possible treatments that are tailored to you.